The Nevada International Women’s Forum (NVIWF) seeks to select a professional or business woman of high potential who has established herself in her sphere of interest to sponsor her attendance at the IWF World Leadership Conference to be held October 25-27, 2017 in Houston.
The NVIWF Selection Committee will choose the recipient using the following guidelines:
- Substantive professional/work experience and significant specific accomplishments.
- Superior intellectual ability, as evidenced by academic, trade and/or industry training history and distinctions, recommendations, and essays.
- Current and potential leadership, indicated by professional, volunteer, and other activities, as well as through recommendations.
- Strength of character, motivation, and commitment to achieving goals.
- Intention to participate fully in all activities and programs of the Leadership Conference. The recipient will provide a presentation to the NVIWF membership.
- Candidates are not recent college graduates or even recent graduates of advanced degree programs. The optimal candidate will have achieved considerable success in her field, yet would benefit from this program.
- Expectation of approximately 10 years of continuing professional activity and leadership contribution. Candidates are judged, in part, on their ability to leverage and maximize their participation in this conference over time.
- Candidate must be a United States citizen and a resident of the State of Nevada.
NOTE: Attendance expenses paid on behalf of or reimbursed to the candidate may require NVIWF to issue a 1099 miscellaneous income statement to satisfy IRS requirements. The conference activities could qualify for business-related expenses; please check with your accountant.
The application must be received by Friday, April 14, 2017 (this information is updated the first of each year with that year’s deadlines).
Your application will be considered complete with the timely receipt of the following components:
- Application form
Essay: This Essay is to be formatted as one Narrative Essay which traditionally includes an introduction, text body and conclusion. Within the body of the essay, all of the questions below must be addressed although they do not have to be in any particular order. The essay should be no longer than 1000 words. (Please do not simply answer the questions presented SEPARATELY.)
- What and/or who have been the most significant influences on who you are today – personally and as a leader?
- Name an accomplishment of which you are most proud and state why. This can be a professional, volunteer, civic, or community activity that has been particularly meaningful to you.
- What are your professional goals, and how do you think the NVIWF Founders Award conference attendance will promote them? Please include your answer both short-term and long-term goals, as well as the skills you seek to develop through the program.
- One of the goals of the International Women’s Forum is to establish and foster a mentor culture among women. Please describe how you have benefited from mentorship in your career and / or if you have success stories as a mentor to share. How do you see yourself bringing this unique opportunity back to your community and to a professional organization?
- The IWF World Leadership Conference brings together women from diverse professions, cultures, races, and nationalities to maximize the sharing of perspectives and understanding. Participants include women from the public, private, and government sectors. Please comment on how you feel this opportunity will contribute to your professional goals.
- Letters of recommendation (must be submitted with the application) from:
- Most senior person employed in your organization, or owner
- Someone you know professionally who is employed outside your organization
- Optional: Personal reference from one who represents another sphere of interest, e.g., volunteer organization
- Resume or CV
- Signed letter of intent (download here)
- Headshot (If accepted into the program, this photo may be used in publicity)
Please do not begin filling out the application until you have ALL the information, including attachments, ready!
Candidates must submit all required components of this application by Friday, April 14, 2017 to the Nevada International Women’s Forum. It is preferred to have all applications and additional required documents sent via this online form. Push send once application is completed and all attachments are included. Otherwise please mail to 3027 E Warm Springs Rd, Ste #100, Las Vegas, NV 89120. Candidates will be notified of their selection for an interview and final decision prior to June 2, 2017.